Happiness Engineer – Web Guru
At WebBGC we live and breathe customer support—helping our clients after a project has rolled out is not an afterthought here! We are looking for someone obsessed with providing ongoing exceptional experience to our customers. Are you the one?
As the Happiness Engineer, you will be an integral part of our support team, focusing on going the extra mile to make sure our customers are happy. You’ll be helping with all types of issues ranging from servers down to updating content.
Your typical responsibilities will include:
- Responding to email tickets, content updates, or phone calls to help WebBGC customers with their website issues
- Build great sites using WordPress
- Troubleshooting the most technical of issues in a Tier 0/1 role
- Debugging performance issues related to PHP and/or WordPress sites using sql monitor or similar tools
- Digging into and solving technical issues related to anything along the LAMP and WIMP stack
And you will bring the following skills to the table:
- A desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- Excellent follow up skills
- Intermediate knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugins and Themes
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of CSS/HTML
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of PHP / MySQL
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of GITHUB
- Comfort with the command line/general internet infrastructure (DNS / SFTP Linux, etc.)
- Willingness to learn new things, and an aptitude for technology
- Familiarity with server infrastructure providers (Amazon Web Services, 3rd Party Hosting, etc)
- Experience accurately describing and communicating issues to clients with and without developer backgrounds
- Experience with evaluating and assessing if clients’ media assets meet minimum specs
We thank you for your interest, but only suitable candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com with “Happiness Engineer – Web Guru” in the subject line. We’ll be in touch with all suitable candidates, and invite you in for a chat.