We all need to put our devices down and spend some time connecting with the people around us. On June 1, The Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is inviting all Canadians for one hour to Unplug to Connect (unplugtoconnect.ca) with them and to appreciate and focus on those around you, your friends, family and co-workers, instead of your screens and devices.
For All Boys and Girls Clubs
Make sure your Club is supporting this initiative by updating your Club website with the latest news and making sure that it also links directly back to unplugtoconnect.ca.
Also be sure to:
- Visit the Unplug to Connect “Get Involved” page to find great resources:
- Club Overview
- Club Tool Kit
- Stakeholder Engagement Tool Kit
- Unplug to Connect – media assets (logo, teaser videos, email signature, posters and social media graphics)
- Use the “Tell Us Your Plan” form to share what your Club will be doing on June 1st
- Spread the word to your local community
- Use the provided Media Assets to post on all your social media outlets
- Ask your corporate partners, local news outlets and supporters to post about and link back to unplugtoconnect.ca on their websites and social media properties
- Organize events in your community
For WebBGC Clubs
Follow all the above tips and take advantage of the slider area on your homepage to promote Unplug to Connect. Click the below screen shot and download the below slider background graphic that you can use on your homepage and link to unplugtoconnect.ca!
We’re excited to learn about all the events and activities that will take place on June 1st. Be sure to post up Unplug to Connect plans and events around your Club!